Blog Archive

Sunday, September 13, 2015

i got my crayons back

I can remember mommy buying me a box of crayons
brand new and full of hope.

at the age of five i remember nightmares.

and at six the sound of yelling.

at seven i learned the word divorce
and i helped daddy pack his bags
and watched him leave.

at age eight a new house,
mommy was lonely
i had to make friends.

by the time i was nine
my crayons were broken
all tattered and torn
and lost all their hope.

at the age of eleven mommy was married
i had to move houses
and i lost all my friends.

i remember mommy bought me some pencils.

and at the age of twelve my life was gray,
and it was dull and it continued to smudge with every next chapter.

thirteen was boring.

and i cant remember fourteen.

fifteen my crayons were completely broken
along with my heart.
i began to lose my way when i lost my pencil sharpener.
so i started to give up
mommy was crying
and it seemed i was all out of luck.

at sixteen i found paint
and life was okay.
i learned how to paint in red even when everything was blue.

and finally at seventeen my life is a mess,
but don't worry about me. i got my crayons back.

song: Real Life // The Weeknd



10 comments:

  1. I loved this. Life is hard, but you just have to find something worth living for

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowowowowowowowowowowoowwowowoowowow amazed

    ReplyDelete
  3. speechless. so much feeling into this. you are so amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was amazing!! So much emotion in this and I loved every line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the amount of feeling that you wove into this post is incredible. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear amaru,

    me and gilbs read this and it meant something to me

    i dont know how gil feelsbut maybe one day i'll

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make me feel so much with your writing. It's charged with emotion and I love it.

    ReplyDelete