Blog Archive

Sunday, October 25, 2015

letters from my head

(addressing depression and mental illness.)

i still need to remind myself every morning to smile.

somedays i get sad. and i don't know why. and nothing can change that.

people want me alive.

emotions are colors, and i don't feel colors very often anymore.

depression isn't pretty.

and my brain is not romantic.

i take medication every morning.

and sometimes i forget to wake up.

i am my own worst enemy.

i wish i could go back and warn myself about this.

i do not need someone to fix me.
i do not need someone to fix me
i do not need someone to fix me
i am not broken
i am not broken
i cannot be fixed,
if i am not broken.

i am always struggling to breathe.

this is not how things used to be.

i am not the same.

i cant see the sun anymore.

and i cant see the good.

i cant help but think it was you who made me this way.

but i know better than that.

constantly torn between,

i am nothing and i am everything.

maybe ill settle for all that is in between.

my hands are always shaking.

and i don't usually have an appetite.

when i walk down the halls i have to remind myself to breathe.

i'm afraid of my own head.

i know that one day i will be okay,
and i am sorry to the ones who have been effected by me.
i am constantly trying to be better.

you can do this. - sincerely me.


(this post is not for you to feel bad for me.
it is to show you what people with mental illnesses deal with everyday.
please stop romanticizing this illness.
it is not beautiful.)

Autopilot // Kodaline

10 comments:

  1. This was gritty.

    I don't remember ever using that word before.

    "emotions are colors, and i don't feel colors very often anymore."

    And the part about being nothing and everything and everything in between.

    And amen to the plea to stop romanticizing illness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is unreal. "emotions are colors, and i don't feel colors very often anymore" you're such an amazing writer. i agree with everything nelson said too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "constantly torn between i am nothing and i am everything."

    #verystolen

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was real and haunting. i can't get over how beautiful you made the truth by simply stating it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'please stop romanticizing this illness.
    it is not beautiful.)'
    so so so so so true. So few people truly understand what this is like. I'm right with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post makes you realize that everyone has things that they deal with. I can't even imagine how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "i cant see the sun anymore."

    "i cant help but think it was you who made me this way."

    "i cant help but think it was you who made me this way."

    "my hands are always shaking."

    "and i don't usually have an appetite."

    "when i walk down the halls i have to remind myself to breathe."

    THESE LINES HIT IT HEAD ON, NICE JOB PUTTING THIS OUT THERE

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been waiting for someone to write this my whole life

    ReplyDelete