Blog Archive

Sunday, October 18, 2015

let it kill you

as soon as your eyes locked with mine i knew there was
 no chance of me coming out of this alive.

find what you love and let it kill you.

i thought i found him and loved him
but i didn't. i lost him.
and i am still alive.

but what doesn't kill you
leaves scars.
on your heart, and your hands,
and on your spine where he used to trace his fingers 

what doesn't kill you 
leaves your lungs ruined,
and full of dying flowers.

what doesn't kill you,
dries out all your tears,
leaves you awake at 4 in the morning
laying on the shower floor.
wishing you weren't alive.

find what you love and let it kill you.

everything is going to kill you,

but darling,

please let it be by love.
a lover
the love of your life.

love what you love so much 
that it makes you feel alive
and then love it so much 
that it kills you.

i've had my hours on the shower floor.
the scars on my skin 
and the stains on my soul
are un countable.

its time for me to 
find what i love and let it kill me.

...what a marvelous way to die.





All The Pretty Girls // Kaleo

4 comments:

  1. Wow.

    Way to take a couple of phrases and run with them.

    Such a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "on your spine where he used to trace his fingers"

    this whole entire post is just so good. and i love that song by kaleo. good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that shirt: love me forever or never.

    I like how this was about death, but not really. This was about heartbreak, which is worse sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. but what doesn't kill you
    leaves scars.
    on your heart, and your hands,
    and on your spine where he used to trace his fingers


    HOLY FREAK this made me feel so many things all at once and I fell in love with that line.
    Loved this x10000000

    ReplyDelete