Blog Archive

Saturday, September 5, 2015

the butterfly effect

i fell in love with a boy that kissed like a tsunami
and reminded me all too well of lighting in a stormy sky. 

 one bat of his eyelashes
and there was a hurricane of chaos in my gut,
butterflies in my throat,
and the wings of blue butterflies
the color of his eyes blurring my vision.

i came home at nights with the smell of rain,
cherry chap stick,
and smoke from the fire on my fingertips
where he held my hands.














i promised him i'd love him forever.
even though this hurricane is making its way to my lungs, 
and it's making it hard for me to breath. 

i broke my promise when forever only lasted
until my insides were on the carpet and
these blue butterflies were making everything blurry.

i am no longer in love with a boy who kisses like a tsunami. 
but every time the thunder comes around
i swallow the taste of lighting off my tongue,
and try to catch my breath 
because when the morning comes around the sun will rise,
and I will no longer dream of blue butterflies,
or kisses that destroy everything in their wake.


song of this post: The Other // Lauv 

8 comments:

  1. your blog is honestly so cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. "i came home at nights with the smell of rain,
    cherry chap stick,
    and smoke from the fire on my fingertips
    where he held my hands."
    Wow. This is incredible

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite blogs. Wish I could express myself as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your metaphors are insane.

    I think this might be my fav of yours.

    I was writing a poem on love but you've got me wanting to redo it because this is something else.

    ReplyDelete