Blog Archive

Saturday, September 5, 2015

all hats off

I  remember the night of june 21.
I remember the hospital,
I remember the tears, and the blood, there was so much blood.
I remember white walls all around me.
and the floors, the floors were so white.
and him, he was so pale, and so cold.
I remember his eyes when he woke up 
I remember blue, so much blue 
and so much white 
and still so much blood.
I remember the scar,
the scar racing across his head.
and I remember pain.

I remember asking him why he was always wearing a hat
that always covered his scar. the scar that was racing across his head 
he told me 
it reminded him of pain.
and white walls,
and of blood. so much blood.

I remember looking at his scar
and told him it reminded me of
magic, and miracles,
and of survival.
a scar that reminded me of life.

i told him that
hats are not made to cover up life,
they are not made to hide magic.
scars are made to tell a story. a story of life
a story of miracles and a story of survival.

so all hats off for the scars
where life tried to break you
but failed
all hats off for the scars with the stories behind them.
and the ones that are left unwritten.

and after that
i remember him never wearing a hat again.















song: Facedown // The 1975 

7 comments:

  1. you are more than exceptional, bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one has taken hats to such a level. Such a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay my last comment didn't do this justice. Best hats post looking back

    I love reading your blog
    Like it's making me a little low key jealous but I high key love it.

    I already used the high key joke on you but it's late and I'm really tired and I'm still reading your blog because you're great

    ReplyDelete