Blog Archive

Sunday, September 20, 2015

how to love the villain

I met a boy who once handed me a bag of darkness.

he was dreamy
and he was everything i shouldn't have.

he wanted me with all he had
and i wanted him in all the ways i shouldn't have.

his chapter was blurry, but the feelings were real.

turns out the dreamy eyes i dreamt about 
were only just a chapter. 

and i was left with nothing but this bag of darkness 
and the dark gloomy dreams of eyes that will haunt me in my sleep.
















I met a boy who handed me a bouquet of dying flowers.
they were all he had.

they were a mirror of his soul
and i couldn't help but hold those flowers tight.

turns out i held on to tight. 
i had too much to give 
and he didn't have enough. 

he left me with dead flowers
and he left with nothing but the thought of 
roses in my hair and the thought of someone 
who could've loved him forever.

all i had left was this bag of darkness
that made everything foggy and was clouding my judgement.
and these dead flowers that are growing in my lungs.

i cant help but wonder what happened to me 
and why all of my flowers are dead.

it took me years to realize that these are the villains in my story
and they too, are important.

this bag of darkness caused me so much pain, 
but now i understand more than i knew before. 
and this. was a gift.

these flowers you picked for me were once the most beautiful.
even though they are dead, they remind me of us.
so they will always be the most 
beautifully tragic flowers that will grow in me. 

theses are my villains.
and to have a good story, 
you need to love the villain as much as you love the hero.













song: Thirteen Sad Farwells // Stu Larsen 

7 comments:

  1. loovvvveee this.
    the dead flowers and the boy who gave all he had and that wasnt enough.
    the way they are your villains but theyre important too
    the dead glowers growing in your lungs....

    just wow. so real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dead flowers boy made me feel so many emotions. This was one of those that I just feel lucky to read.

    ReplyDelete