Blog Archive

Sunday, September 27, 2015

human, the hardest thing to be


despite my best efforts i cant help but
be anything other than human.

the blood pumping from my 
weak heart is full of love.
and i have love in my veins,
so no matter how much i try
my soul is blood red soaked with love
and theres nothing i can do about it.

i know what makes me human
is my willingness to feel,
and my overwhelming desire
to love the crap out of everything.
even if doing that rips my heart open,
i would still love the creator of my destruction.

i can feel my sadness in my bones,
anger in my chest,
and my impatience in my fingertips.
but i know who i am and i know that 
i am only human.

people forget too easily that others are just human.
and people also forget that they themselves are just human.

so i am going to love until,
it leaves me feeling like 
my lungs aren't working anymore.

until, i can find someone who makes
my heart swell in my chest 
because they love me as much
as my soul loves them.

so i am going to love because
i am alive, and i am human and
that is the hardest thing to be.




song: Human // Daughter 

3 comments:

  1. So real! I love this! You're so good at making things simple yet unique

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're talented and I'm high key stalking you. This is a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know what makes me human is my willingness to feel,and my overwhelming desire to love the crap out of everything... I am with you on that. And I am with Courtney and Ricochet. :) Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete