Blog Archive

Thursday, December 17, 2015

i wrote this for you

i think back to the days
when i had it all planned out.

seventeen and still believe in fairy tails,
but i don't think i can afford to stop believing.

we were going to be like the movies,
i knew it.

thinking back to the late late nights
and you holding my hand.

arguing about everything
but agreeing on our love.

the night you hand stitched my heart
back together, and signed your signature
for everyone to see.

your mom wanted us to get married.
and i cried when you told me marriage wasn't for you.

his hand in mine,
i thought of how hard it would be when i had to let go.

you stopped looking at me the same,
the days got colder, and it was harder for me to breath.

my stitches ripped open, and the glass from my heart
tore open my insides.

your name still on my heart,
i covered with a bandaid

the night my hand was empty,
a fake smile on my face,
a suit and tie
all under the stars in a nice dress.
was the night you gave your hand to someone else.

after that,
missing you was like, the ache in your bones
when it starts to get cold
and days when you're so tired you cant sleep.

i forgot what your voice sounded like

and wished i had someone to argue with.

i think about our movie that was about us,
when we were the kings and queens

i saw you one day,
you still looked like a king

and sounded like a dream
i forgot i had, had.

and i think back to the days,
when i had it all planned out.

i miss you.
and us.

















when we were young // adele

3 comments:

  1. "My stitches ripped open, and glass from my heart tore open my insides. Your name still on my heart, I covered with band aids"
    Best lines I've read on a blog all year.
    (Snapping in background)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. the imagery in here is incredible.

    ReplyDelete